Director / VP of Strategic Account Sales
Kaon is a B2B software company with a twist – we may “look” like an agency because of our creative expertise and due to the fact that we create and deliver stunning visual interactive applications for Fortune 1000 companies. We are, however, a nimble, innovative, cloud-based software company that helps solve the most critical sales and marketing challenges of this era for leading companies in tech, HCLS, and industrial verticals. Successful salespeople at Kaon solve customer problems, deliver value, and focus on building long-term relationships.
We work with AWS, IBM, Thermo Fisher Scientific, GE Healthcare, Abbott, Siemens, Baker Hughes, Ciena, Juniper Networks, and many more to help digitally transform customer engagement and simplify complex product and solution stories in a visually engaging way.
Kaon’s patented High Velocity Marketing Platform® allows us to create and deploy interactive applications to any device, anywhere for use on PCs, interactive touch-screen appliances, Web browsers, and mobile devices, as well as in Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality, all running both online and offline.
We have an amazing small company culture where you commonly hear us say ‘we are a family’ – we care for each other and our clients. We want to be the best, not the biggest, and we collaborate and support each other to be successful. On a daily basis, you will work with an exciting variety of colleagues, customers, companies, challenges, and solutions that never gets dull.
- Identify, build, manage and grow strategic, trusted relationships with marketing and sales teams in the Technology, Healthcare Life Sciences, and Industrial verticals
- Leverage your own executive relationships and network to bring new customers to Kaon Interactive
- Grow business with accounts by working closely with Kaon’s User Adoption team to promote application adoption and success within each account, build roadmaps and lead QBRs.
- Develop and execute account plans to build long-term relationships with new accounts
- Develop and execute large account plans/strategies to further penetrate and grow a set of established major B2B enterprise accounts
- Work with the Client Services team pre-and post-sales to define and scope applications projects for customers and prospects
- Write Business Plans for new opportunities and Statements of Work for customer projects
- Follow-up on marketing-developed leads by developing solution/value-driven communication (using Outreach and other marketing and sales support delivery tools)
- Prospect for new account opportunities and leads
- Document key sales contacts, events, and strategies in Salesforce.com
- Work closely with Kaon’s marketing team to develop Target Account-Based Marketing programs for lead generation and manage all communication via Outreach
- Collaborate with European-based team to grow new and existing customers into long-term strategic global partnerships
Required Core Skills
- Digital transformation knowledge and understanding – particularly for marketing and sales organizations
- Large account sales – able to navigate through large customer organizations to identify key Marketing and Sales constituents in the buying cycle and nurture relationships that will lead to closed business, and build long-term mutual success
- Understanding of trends and business challenges of target personas within target verticals
- Solutions Selling/Challenger Sales Methodology
- Digital sales savviness and expertise with LinkedIn Navigator, Video, Twitter, and more
- Strategic research-based account planning
- Strategic data-driven customer engagement and relationship building
- Sales strategy formulation and problem-solving
- Excellent written and oral communications (emails, business plans, proposals, etc.)
- Tech-proficient plus – nimble with laptops, phones, software tools, and at least curious about experiential technologies like augmented and virtual reality.
- You are a strategic, agent of client change, energetic, charismatic, trust-building, problem solver with extraordinary business, marketing, sales, technology skills.
- You have a network of clients who will follow you to Kaon.
- You have a high standard of personal and professional ethics.
- You are an active listener and continuous learner.
- You are results-focused and detail-oriented.
- You can operate effectively and autonomously from your home office and also as a collaborative team member.
- At least 10 years of successful direct large account sales experience
- Experience calling on and selling into large B2B (MedTech, Industrial, Tech) companies’ marketing or sales departments is a plus but is not required
- Trained in account planning and solutions sales methodologies
- Experience in value-based and solutions-sales engagements with senior customer executives (in person and via phone/web conferencing tools)
- Experience in writing solutions sales emails and proposals
- Experience with Salesforce.com, Outreach, and LinkedIn Navigator
- BA/BS degree – a Business Marketing Communications (or related discipline) degree is a plus
- Sales, Account Management or Client Support experience at Marketing / Digital Agency experience is a plus
- Commensurate with experience
- Base Salary plus incentive compensation based on bookings and account development success
- Company benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, 401(k) plan, and stock options
- This is a remote/work from home position, but looking for a professional located in high-target prospect areas, including Boston, Greater NY, Chicago, Atlanta, San Francisco, LA, Austin to support F2F meetings and/or events as appropriate